Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Here is My American Story

I sent the following to the Obama Team with the following link: Your Story

Congratulations to Mr. Obama on winning the election. This is truly an historic milestone for the United States and the world.

On January 20, 2009, in accordance with Article II, Section I of the United States Constitution, Mr. Obama will raise his right hand and make an oath before Almighty God saying: "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." To preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. Senator Obama will soon be President Obama, the executor of this awesome and solemn task. Unfortunately, Mr. Obama, in the past, has overtly expressed his distaste for this great document. He has even gone as far to say that he feels the Constitution is incomplete; that it is a document of negative liberites. With all due respect to Mr. Obama, I would take this opportunity to point out that the Founders recognized the need to restrain government. If I could highlight, underscore, bold, and italicize that statement I would. Government is, by its very nature, an organization prone to growth. As time weathers its founding institutions, our government has grown wildly beyond its original intended purpose.

While I am hopeful of the coming Obama Administration, I will not be holding my breath for Mr. Obama to be the new Constitutionalist in the White House. Indeed, even the Republican Presidents in the latter half of the previous century did little or nothing to protect the tenets of that document.

To Mr. Obama directly:
The Constitution is not a series of suggestions or guidelines. It is the law which you will soon swear to uphold and defend. The ability to express ideas (like on talk radio for example) or the right to keep and bear arms is spelled out clearly. These rights, sir, are granted by God. Your job is to protect them. I look forward to your support of my God-given rights.

It will now be my policy to sign every post with the Gadsden Flag, as perhaps nothing better embodies the spirit of resistance to tyranny in government.

No comments: